Feb 28, 2014

I wear Purple Today

hey everyone I am guest posting over at my friends blog today but you can check out what I wrote here today as well as on her blog and I would love for you to go support her as well so I'm going to give you her blog address as well. 

               
http://www.finding-free.com/?m=1



hey everyone! I'm Kaitlyn. I'm Lauren's biffle/biffie. I have been her friend now for 3 years going on 10 plus. Totally kidding about the 10 plus years, but really I have been her best friend for 3 years now.  How did I know she was going to be my best friend she got me out of a shirt in a dressing room. not even a week knowing me. haha.

We have been through a lot together my first 2 relationships plus the heartbreak coming from those events. to the biggest one of them of them all.  

           Lauren's eating disorder. 

You see I found through email before she came out on this blog. I was the first friend she told. Receiving that email was one of the saddest days of my life. I blamed myself for not seeing it. I spent everyday with this girl. Well mostly everyday. Oh I cried for days. 

However being friends with a person who has ED in serious and hard business. 

One of the hardest things is when the disease even cut me out of her life for sometime. It was so so hard. You see Lauren is one of the true friends who actually gets me. She gets my weird quirks, my anxiety. this girl is going to be yellow dress 
( jk) wearing bridesmaid, my engagement photographer, and so much more. 

Here's a few things you can do to help if your "Lauren"'in your life has an ED. 

1. Find the right time to do it. Don't do it when it is a stressful time. Be cautious when you do it. 

2. Don't let the focus be on meals. this is one of the hardest. meals are hardest for people who have ED. So do something else for a change. 

3. Lastly be patient with them. Her ED won't disappear over night. Rome wasn't built in a day people. Just be there and love on them when you can. 

I hope you enjoyed this post. 

Love, 

Kaitlyn 





No comments:

Post a Comment