Jan 29, 2014
So yesterday the south was getting to say some of us got excited and some of us not.
It was just a regular day. My area was only supposed to get a "dusting." It started around 10. Then it got worse. We only got 1 to 2 in. I know that's not a lot but the south isn't used to it.
The ice on the roads got worse. Schools were closing early. And so much more.
The people I nanny for were stuck on the road. Thankfully they got home. Even they had to walk home. It was only a mile because they left their car in a parking lot.
Some people did not get home at all. My mom is stuck at work. Thankfully her boss found her and co workers places to stay. :)
Some people are stuck at schools. Kids and teachers. Some parents even walked to get their kids because they were stuck. Some parents felt bad they couldn't get their babies.
My baby sister got home. My dad got home too. He brought home a few co workers and my sister brought home a few friends and siblings.
I'm stuck at the place I nanny. They provided me a bed, toiletries, etc. I possibly will have to spend the night here again tonight.
So please everyone keep the south in your prayers.
This is one of interstates! 280.
Jan 24, 2014
Jan 21, 2014
I used to link up with this group with my old blog and I want to get back to it! :). So here goes nothing..
This month questions....
Here are this month's questions:
1. What are you reading right now? Tell us about it.
2. Out of the 16 books that will be turned into a movie adaptation, which one are you most looking forward to seeing this year? (Article Link)
3. What was the worst book you've ever read?
4. What foods or beverages have you spilled on a book while reading? Anything good?
5. Do you pictures characters as popular film or tv actors? Or do you create a whole new person in your head?
6. Out of all the authors you've read books by, who's brain would you want to pick the most?
1. I am reading Beautiful Creatures. I just started. I'm really liking it so far. :).
2. I've only read one on the list. And that is The Fault in Our Stars. And I can't wait for it!!!
3. It is toss up between Lord of the flies and the hunger games. I'm sorry I just couldn't get into it.
4. Water is always the culprit. Dang you water by drinking or by reading in the tub or by the pool.
5. I really just come up with cluster of people in my head. Sometimes I picture my friends, family, etc playing the characters. Haha
6. I would love to pick John Green or Lurlene McDaniel'a brain. Haha. Two complete opposites. I love love John Green. Then Lurlene McDaniel's books came in my life when I needed them most. And for that I'm grateful. Oh and also JK Rowling. So so many Harry potter questions hahaha.
Jan 20, 2014
Dear 18 Year Old Kaitlyn,
I wanted to write you for sometime. There's a lot going on in your life right now, but I wanted to remind you of a few things.
First thing. You are beautiful. You may not feel like you are, but you are. Not just outwardly which I know you struggle with since you were 15. Inwardly as well. Your beauty shines from the inside out.
Second. Don't let anyone take away your joy. Your joy makes you who you are. I know you care more about others, but you don't need them take away your joy.
Third. Some guy will love you. I know guys have been using you for your friends and/or don't like you. But guess what you find someone loves you for you. He loves your silliness, your awkwardness, and so much more.
Lastly. You are finally working out and doing it for you. You aren't doing for mom, for a guy, etc. Yes it make a few times to finally get it. But girl you are getting it!! :) It is going to be a hard long road, but you've got this!! :)
24 Year Old Kaitlyn
Ps your relationship with your family is so much better too!! :).
My senior year picture!
Jan 19, 2014
So I just got nominated again for a Liebester award!! :). First time on this blog though. :).
It is from one of the sweet girls I've met during a link up over on Instagram. So go follow her.
So 11 random facts about me:
1. I love Law and order svu. Like right now I'm watching a marathon on USA.
2. I'm obsessed with awards shows, fashion police, and red carpet coverage.
3. I am now girly girl with my dresses but I'm still love Tshirts and blue jeans.
4. Books are my escape. I try to read one every 2 weeks or so. Right now I'm reading Beautiful Creatures.
5. My hair is the longest it has been since I was 17.
6. I sleep with a stuffed pig named Mr. Piggy.
7. I used to have really light brown hair.
8. Some days I can't believe I'm 24. I forget that I'm that age.
9. My boyfriend is my best friend. I am reminded of waiting for God's best whenever I think of him.
10. I hope to go to Influence Confrence as a birthday present to myself. I want to meet my blog friends.
11. My blog friends are some of the best girls I've ever met and I wish they lived closer.
11 Questions I am to Answer:
1. If you could be a celebrity, who would it be and why?
Jennifer Lawrence!! Haha. She's hilarious.
Like look at this. I would totally do it too.
2. What was the last movie you saw in theaters?
I honestly can't remember. Haha. I think it was Turbo maybe. I don't know. Haha. I really want to Saving Mr. Banks.
3. What's your favorite local shop to go to?
We don't have a local shops I can't fit in. Boo. But I can't wait to get smaller so I can.
4. Favorite song of the moment?
I like to be when I'm with you. Drew Holcomb and The Neighbors.
5. Would you go on MTV's Girl Code if you were given the chance?
So I don't know what show that is.
6. Im a make up fanatic and have to ask this, what is your favorite Brand and item from that line?
I really love urban decay. Their naked pallet for eyeshadows. So many colors. It is expensive but so worth it.
7. Do you have a favorite Disney Princess, if yes- who?
8. Where do you get your inspiration for blogging?
My life. Haha. I am in transition in my life and it's hard but worth it.
9. What is your favorite blog to follow?
That's hard. I will do 4.
Kalyn from Beautifully Tailored
Erin from Sweetness Itself
Jess from Operation Skinny Jeans
Kristin from Chits and Giggles
10. Would you be willing to write a post on my blog if I ever asked!?
Yes I would love too! :)
11. You're having a bad hair day, what do you do?
Put it up in hair bun.
Here's my 11 Questions.
1. Favorite vacation spot of all time:
2. Favorite book and why:
3. If you could go to dinner with any 5 people (dead or alive) - who?
4. Use one word to describe yourself
5. If you were a super hero what powers would you have?
6. Whats your favourite zoo animal!?
7. . If you could be a celebrity, who would it be and why?
8.Where do you get your inspiration for blogging
9. Book or kindle or nook!?
10. Favorite book character!?
11. Favorite tv show!?
I tag anyone who wants to do it. Haha. :)
Jan 17, 2014
This week has been very restful. After my crazy and not so good week last week.
However it didn't take until Wednesday to do it.
On Monday my alarm went off to workout and I thought I had pushed snooze. Apparently not. I turned it off by accident. So I overslept. And then I worked late so I couldn't go workout.
I also worked late on Tuesday as well.
This also happened on Wednesday that happened on Monday.
I talked to Bryan about it and he said maybe God is telling you something.
And boy God was. I've been going 90 mph these past few weeks. I haven't had time to stop and praise him for what's he been doing. I also haven't been sleeping good at all.
So I this week I just focused on eating well. I messed up a little but besides that I had a good week eating.
I've been resting in God's word and sleeping great!! :).
This verse really spoke to me during this week!!
I can't wait to see what God has in store next week! :).
Jan 10, 2014
So I'm linking up with the beautiful mother to be Joy!! :). My first time too!! Woot woot!! :).
So since I'm trying to eat as clean as possible I've found some good eats. That I absolutely love!! I can tell you where to get it! :).
You can get these meals at Target. They are so so good. They are so many kinds. From sunbutter made out of sunflower seeds, tuna, hummus, pepperoni, turkey, etc. they are next to Mac and cheese. Also it is a plus doesn't have to be refridgerated! You can also order online.
I was introduced to this hummus with meal above. It is so so good. It is by far the best hummus I've ever had. :)
Publix should have it in the chip isle, but you can also order it online. And you can get ones that don't have to refridgerated.
I've been using almond milk with my shakeology. It is so so good. I have been mix in lots of fruit. :). It is so good. It can be found anywhere.
I love me some guac. It is so hard to do so I always buy these. And they are 100 calories which is a plus. I got these at Publix.
I love quiona but it is so hard to know when it's done sometimes. This is found in the frozen section at target.
I haven't had this one yet. There's at least 4 flavors.
I have tried the southern western flavor. So so good. Quiona, black beans, pineapple, and red peppers. I wished I had some Tyson already made steak or chicken strips and guac when I had it. It was so so good.
I hope you liked all my 5 suggestions!! ;).
I also get to see JBK this weekend!! :) :) and we get to have Christmas finally!! :)
Jan 8, 2014
It's Kaitlyn from Crazy Life of Kaitlyn!! I got a new blog name/ new address so please follow this one please!! :).
So this week I started p90x3 plus working out plus starting to eat clean. It is hard work but I know I can do it.
Eating clean is so hard for me because I have to plan ahead. And I also live at home so it's hard when your family is not on board. So I am starting to meal plan. It is so hard, but I know it will be work it.