Jan 20, 2014

Dear 18 Year Old Kaitlyn....

Dear 18 Year Old Kaitlyn, 

I wanted to write you for sometime. There's a lot going on in your life right now, but I wanted to remind you of a few things. 

First thing. You are beautiful. You may not feel like you are, but you are. Not just outwardly which I know you struggle with since you were 15. Inwardly as well. Your beauty shines from the inside out. 

Second. Don't let anyone take away your joy. Your joy makes you who you are. I know you care more about others, but you don't need them take away your joy. 

Third. Some guy will love you. I know guys have been using you for your friends and/or don't like you. But guess what you find someone loves you for you.   He loves your silliness, your awkwardness, and so much more. 

Lastly. You are finally working out and doing it for you. You aren't doing for mom, for a guy, etc. Yes it make a few times to finally get it. But girl you are getting it!! :) It is going to be a hard long road, but you've got this!! :) 


Love, 

24 Year Old Kaitlyn 


Ps your relationship with your family is so much better too!! :).  


My senior year picture! 

3 comments:

  1. This is really so beautiful! I love the idea of writing a letter to your younger self. And it is so true...don't lose your joy. That is the spark that you bring to life. A beautiful post Kaitlyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this - and you are so beautiful! I sure wish I could tell my 18 year-old self a few things!

    ReplyDelete